*MESSAGE REGARDING APPOINTMENTS*
We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for appointments. Due to retirement, maternity leave and other unforeseen circumstances we have a lower number of appointments available at the moment and are working hard to rectify this, in the meantime:
When calling for a GP appointment please consider all of your options to help manage your condition:
- Practice Nurse: Our practice nurses may be able to help patients with asthma reviews, diabetes reviews, blood pressure tests and taking blood samples. Please ask the reception staff when you are booking your appointment.
- Your local pharmacist: Pharmacists are qualified healthcare professionals and can offer fast and convenient clinical advice and over the counter medicines to effectively and safely manage minor health concerns - no appointment necessary. They can help with ailments like sore throats, coughs, colds, tummy troubles, teething and aches and pains. Pharmacists can also refer patients to further professional help where necessary.
- GP appointments are available at extended hours hubs at locations across Rochdale borough, 7 days a week:
Appointments are available are available:
6.30pm - 9pm on weekdays
8am - 6pm on Saturdays and bank holidays
10am - 1pm on Sundays.
You will probably not get to see your own doctor during these hours but the GP or nurse you do see will have access to your medical record, subject to your consent.
Call 0161 763 8292 to book an appointment. Urgent on the day appointments may be subject to triage.
- The NHS Website: Here you can find up-to-date and expert advice on conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and when to get help. The NHS website also has details of NHS services including local pharmacies, dentists, GPs and emergency and urgent care services. Visit www.nhs.uk.
- NHS 111: If you're worried about an urgent medical concern, call 111 and speak to a fully trained adviser. Please remember that this service is available for people who urgently need medical help or advice, but don’t have a 999 emergency.
All staff at Heywood Health thank you for your support, please be assured that all staff are working extremely hard to deliver the consistent good quality service that patients have come to know from this practice.
Dr Chris Duffy
Just launched! - Request help from your practice online
Visit our Engage Consult online service to request help from Heywood Health and receive a next day response (or sooner) when your medical request is made within these daily Engage Consult request hours. Requests for administrative and other help may be sent in at any time.
Welcome to Heywood Health
(Argyle Street Medical Centre & York House Surgery)
The doctors and staff at Heywood Health are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. The Practice merged on the 1st November 2016 allowing us to offer appointments and services across both sites. We are currently a 5 Partner practice with 4 salaried GP's and 1 long-term locum. We are a training practice and currently have 2 Registrars. We also accommodate medical students.
Our nursing team run many clinics across both sites including the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes, and also offer a wide variety of other medical services including minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
We are signed up to the 'Minor Ailment Scheme' run by the pharmacies - contact our reception team for further details.
*From the 20th September 2017, a new Triage Service will be implemented across Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale. Please read the following document for more information:
Due to the increasing number of non-attendances, we have updated our 'Did Not Attend' Policy:
DNA Policy 2017/18
You can now book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online via Patient Access.
Please click the link below if you are registered, or contact reception to sign up.
Please ensure we have your up to date mobile phone number as we now have the
facility to send out appointments and general information via SMS text messages.
NHS 111 online
A new digital service is live in Greater Manchester. It provides access to urgent care services for people who prefer to
engage using their computer, mobile phone or other digital device.
Provided by NHS Digital, 111 online uses the same clinical assessment and triaging tools that support the national NHS 111 telephone service.
Non-Attendance of Appointments
If you are unable to attend your appointment please contact the surgery as soon as possible to rearrange/cancel OR reply ‘CANCEL’ to the text message appointment reminder.
Many hours of appointment time is wasted every month due to patients not attending.
Heywood Health takes a Zero Tolerance approach to patients who repeatedly miss their appointments. If 3 appointments are missed within a year the matter will be discussed and there is the possibility that the patient will be removed from the practice list.
Phone Number: (01706) 628628
Fax: (01706) 627706
Phone Number: (01706) 628628
Fax: (01706) 620800
Telephone 111 (24 Hours) for telephone advice
7 Day Access
Phone Number: (0161) 763 8292
Dental Urgent Care
Urgent In hours Care: (01706) 676 367
Urgent Out of hours Care: (0161) 763 8941
Please remember to ask the reception team if you would like to register for our on-line services.
If you have any information or communication needs that you want us to know about ie large print information - please speak to our reception team so we can record your preferred method of contact and ensure you can receive your health information in a format you can understand.
(Site updated 11/09/2018)